Tuesday, April 26, 2011

That Ecstatic Feeling

This is a great day! The sun is up and there is no news of bad weather at all. My long time friend came to our house and we planned to go to the beach together with his two beautiful kids. I wanted to go. But I just need to jot down some thoughts that's been bugging me since this morning.

It's about Aldous Huxley's words. You can find some of Aldous Huxley's profile in this link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aldous_Huxley. He was an English writer. A thinker. Some of his well circulated books were Brave New World, Island, Point Counter Point, and The Doors of Perception. I find the Brave New World very interesting.

Here's one of his many quotes that I can't help but ponder this past few hours.

"Who lives longer? The man who takes heroin for two years and dies, or a man who lives on roast beef, water and potatoes 'till 95? One passes his 24 months in eternity. All the years of the beefeater are lived only in time." 

What do you think he wants to convey? And what legitimate activities do you think can we experience a sense or feeling of eternity? Do you think there is a benefit for this kind of feeling?

Please feel free to post your answers. You can answer all or just one question.It's up to you.

I'll be back. I just need to go downstairs because my friend is waiting for me. I'm not sure if we're going to the beach as planned. But I need this. Maybe at the beach I can have a feeling of ecstasy (lol)...just a glimpse of eternity would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GetBooks Search Engine

Custom Search